Purple Belt, Black Stripe (Youth)
Red Belt (Adult)
Front, Back, Walking, Fighting, Horse Stance, Twist Stance, Attention Stance, Tiger Stance, Cross Stance
Midsection, High, Side, and Reverse Punch
Down, Middle, High Block - open and closed hands
Monton Maki (Out to In middle block)
Side block (In to Out middle block) from a back stance, fist facing in and out versions
Knifehand Guarding block, low and middle
Combinations: 3 blocks + punches
Open hand high block / knifehand strike
Elbow Strike, Backfist, Pull-in Elbow strike, Hammerfist, Ridgehand strike, Palm heel strike
Inward, Outward, and Side knifehand strike
Pressing block / knifehand thrust strike, side pressing block
Scissor block, Wedge block, Low/High X block
Double uppercut strike
Square block, Single Mountain block
(From both front and back legs)
Stretch, Snap, Roundhouse, Side Kick
In-to-Out Crescent & Out-to-In Crescent
Double Motion Kicks
Spinning Side Kick (Back Kick). Step spin side kick.
Sliding Side Kick
Combinations: Low / High Kick (Snap, Round, and Side Kicks)
Hook Kick, Spinning Hook kick
45 degree switch roundhouse kick
Spinning Wheel kick
Axe kick / Double motion axe kick
Double motion spin crescent / Tornado kicks
Twist kick, Cut Kick (sparring)
Ki-Bon Hyung (Basic Form)
One Steps (5 each)
Sets: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Tenets of the Martial Arts
Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self-Control, Indomitable Spirit
- Loyalty to Nation
- Obedience to Parents
- Confidence in Friends
- Do not retreat from enemy attacks
- Refrain from the senseless killing of all living things
- I Shall Observe the Tenets of the Martial Arts and the Ethical Rules
- I Shall Respect Instructors and Seniors
- I Shall Never Misuse Martial Arts
- I Will be a Champion of Freedom and Justice
- I Will Build a More Peaceful World
Required Board Break
Tornado Roundhouse (ball of foot), Two board sliding side kick, Punch or Ridgehand
- Shows focus, attention, and respect in class and testing
- Takes initiative in assisting other students and leads by example
Minimum of 5 hours
Minimum of 5 months of class / 25 hours
Taegeuk 8 - Pal Jang
Taegeuk 8 - Pal Jang
- Joon Bee (Ready Stance: left foot step left, fists in front of belt)
- Step forward moving left foot out into left back stance and execute middle section guarding block. Keeping right foot in place move left foot forward into left front stance, right reverse punch.
- Double motion left leg snap kick (KIHAP). Land in left front stance, left monton maki, double punch.
- Step forward in right front stance, right punch to solar plexus.
- Pivot on right foot, turn 270 degrees counter clockwise into a right front stance, single mountain block (left low / right high), looking left.
- Still looking left, transition into left front stance, tension (slow) left fist to right shoulder and right uppercut to chin at the same time.
- Left foot steps over right (brief cross stance) into left front stance, single mountain block (right low / left high), looking right.
- Still looking right, transition into right front stance, tension (slow) right first to left shoulder and left uppercut to chin at the same time.
- Pivot on left foot 90 degrees counterclockwise into a right back stance, left knifehand guarding block.
- Shift to a left front stance, right reverse punch.
- Right snap kick, bring kick back to starting position, left leg back into a right tiger stance with a right palm heel body block.
- Pivot on right foot, turn 90 degrees counter clockwise into a tiger stance with knifehand guarding block.
- Front leg (left) snap kick, land in left front stance with right reverse punch.
- Left leg slides back into left tiger stance, left palm heel body block.
- Turn clockwise 180 degrees into a right tiger stance, knifehand guarding block.
- Front leg (right) snap kick, land in right front stance with left reverse punch.
- Right leg slides back into right tiger stance, right palm heel body block.
- Turn clockwise 90 degrees into left back stance, low forearm guarding block.
- Left snap kick, without putting foot down – double motion right snap kick (KIHAP), land in right front stance with right monton maki , double punch.
- Pivot on right foot and turn counterclockwise 270 degrees into a right back stance, left knife hand middle block.
- Shift left foot over into left front stance, right head high elbow strike
- Right head high backfist, left punch to solar plexus
- Pivot on left foot and turn clockwise 180 degrees into a left back stance, right knife hand middle block.
- Shift right foot over into right front stance, left head high elbow strike
- Left head high backfist, right punch to solar plexus
- Barro (back to Joon Bee) Bring left foot to right by turning counterclockwise 180 degrees (to the front), fists in front of belt
- She uh (Relax) Bring left foot next to right, hands flat against side of legs
2nd Gup One Steps